Arnes Landfill Site
Located on Lake Forest Road, 9 km west of Highway 8
|WINTER HOURS||(Effective the First Monday in October)|
|Closed Monday and Tuesday|
Open 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday to Sunday
|SUMMER HOURS||(Effective the Last Sunday in May)|
|Open 7 Days a Week 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Closed on Holidays|
Landfill Phone Number (204) 642-6680 or contact the Public Works Office at (204) 642-6688
Hazardous waste cannot be accepted at this site and will be refused. Hazardous items can be taken to the new Household Hazardous Waste collection depot at 292 Anson Street or Miller Environmental Corporation, 1803 Hekla Avenue, Winnipeg, (204) 925-9600.
E-Waste is not Accepted
Please see the Attendant prior to disposing of your materials.
Bulk items are accepted at the waste disposal grounds, sorted as follows:
- Scrap metal, including appliances in the metals area.
- Grass clippings and leaves (bags have to be removed) in the compost area.
- Clean wood (not painted or treated) and brush into the burn area.
- Clean concrete (no steel) into the concrete rubble area.
- Used tires into the tire area.
- Used motor vehicle batteries into their own area.
- Used oil has its own collection facility.
- Un-recyclable items not specifically listed, including household refuse, wooden furniture, etc., are to be placed in the active waste cell.
Note: All appliances containing Freon require documentation from a Certified Technician stating that the Freon has been removed.
There are two options when taking old fridges and freezers to the Landfill Site:
- Have the Freon removed and provide proof thereof;
- Leave the Freon in and purchase a dump pass from the Municipal Office.
USED OIL COLLECTION
The Municipality has two locations to receive this type of waste. They are located at the Arnes Landfill Site (see hours above) and the Public Works Shop. The hours of acceptance at the Public Works Shop are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. These locations only accept used oil (uncontaminated), oil containers, and oil filters. Other Hazardous Waste is not accepted. Antifreeze may be taken to the Arnes Landfill site or 178 Anson.
Residents are NOT required to purchase Dump Passes for household or construction waste.
Contractors are required to purchase Dump Passes for Construction Waste, ie: shingles, drywall etc.
Passes can be purchased at the Municipal Office, 62 2nd Avenue, Gimli.
Passes MUST be purchased PRIOR to dumping at the Arnes Landfill.